Thanks Denver Jen for nominating me for a Beautiful Blogger Award. Jen's was one of the first blogs I started following when I entered the world of blogging and I was so excited to see that she and her husband were using the same agency as us. Following their journey and knowing that ours will eventually end up with a similar ending has been a highlight during the waiting months.
As part of receiving this award there are a few rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Post this award to 15 other bloggers that you follow and think are great!
3. Leave a message on each blog letting them know you are giving them this award.
4. Post seven things about yourself.
Here are blogs I've nominated...not 15 'cause I know this award is making the rounds.
1. The Fisch Tank
Jenny blogs about raising her 3 kids, identical twins and an older brother. Cici, one of the twins choked a little over a year ago and much of Jenny's blogging centers around her ongoing care and navigating the world of raising a special needs child.
2. Stirrup Queens
Mel's got the best compilation of ALI blogs anywhere! I found her blog pretty early on in my adoption quest for information and enjoy reading her posts and appreciate her commitment to developing a tight knit ALI online community.
3. Can I Get Some Sugar With These Lemons?
I just started following Heather's blog and I can remember being in the same place as she is now. Explore adoption or continue fertility treatments?
4. I Should Really Be Working
A blog by Thanksgiving mom who is a safe haven first mom. It really helps me to read from her perspective.
5. Parenthood for Me
Erica has started a non-profit organization dedicated to helping those in the ALI community. Check out her blog and website!
6. Production Not Reproduction
A great resource and insight into open adoption
7. The New Life of Nancy
I love Nancy's snarky posts and random questions. Always entertaining.
8. Here We Are...Now What?
Please go give my friend Ann some love, she just had her 3rd IVF which resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
9. Waiting for Our Baby
E blogs about adoption and recently endured a failed match.
Honorable Mention - Weebles Wobblog. Only an honorable mention because I know Lori just got nominated but I have to mention her. She's got great insight into open adoption parenting.
Seven random facts about me:
1. Skiing makes the wait go by faster. Well, not exactly faster but at least it fills the weekends, thus I've become a complete and total ski bum this year.
2. I pretend that I like camping but I spend most of the night freaking out over every little noise while my husband and dog snore away. Thankfully, we don't camp too often.
3. I don't do patient, or easy-going, or "letting go" well.
4. I wonder what our dog is going to think of a wailing baby in the house.
5. I'm hoping this year I can get a harvest out of my container garden. Our entire backyard is stamped concrete (previous owner's solution to her 2 big dogs) so I garden out of half wine barrels. Last year almost everything I planted didn't ripen. This year I'll try to get the plants in earlier and hope it's a warmer summer!
6. We got married the year of the Hay.man fire, in June. Our reception venue was at a golf course near the location of the fire and we had to make a back-up plan at the last minute in case the fire changed directions.
7. I met my husband, S, on a blind date.