We close on the new house tomorrow, without an offer on our house. This has caused so much stress within my life and marriage it's unfuckingbelievable . I take that back, it's believable, because I've lived this before while trying to have kids. I'm struggling to be excited about the new house while the little voice in my head is screaming "YOU FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MAKING A HUGE DECISION LIKE THIS AND COUNTING ON YOUR HOUSE SELLING IN 2 WEEKS? NOW LOOK AT THE MESS YOU'RE IN"
This is what happens when I don't listen to Lainey's mom! I'm a Tiger and S is a Pig. Apparently a perfect love match, so at least we have that going for us. Basically, I'm not supposed to rush into any big decisions, and S isn't going to have a great year plus there could be financial implications. Ya think?
Chinese horoscopes and their interpretations aside, now we are in a pickle and it goes a little something like this:
- take a big chunk of $ out of S's IRA to cover our cash at closing tomorrow.
- Put said big chunk back into the IRA within 60 days or end up with an enormous tax bill
- Apply for a bridge loan in a couple weeks
- Take out a loan on my retirement account to help cover 2 mortgages and a bridge loan (which pretty much total my entire monthly take home pay)
- Sit and wait for our house to sell. That's where the damn money is. ALL of it.