1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I want to go to Ire.land. Actually, Ice.land would be cool too, but Ire.land has been on my radar for a long time and I still haven't managed to get there. We thought about going this year but it's expensive and S physically didn't have the time to go and then the volcano erupted screwing up air travel in northern Eur.ope and....excuses, excuses. Anyway, my ideal trip is fairly typical I think. We'd fly in, rent a car and attempt to master driving on the wrong side of the road whilst rambling the countryside for two weeks.
2. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Visiting Massa.chusetts every summer. Chicken chop suey sandwiches at the Sal.em Willows and ice cream from Tread.wells. And my grandmother's kibbee, stuffed grape leaves and tabouli. I love food. :)
3. Do you have any nicknames? How did you get them?
"T", T-Bone,Buttercup. I was "T" in college for no particular reason. "Buttercup" to S for a while because I looked like the Pow.erpuff Girl in my short 'do (and am similarly, uh, strong-willed). Oh, how we loved watching that cartoon! Lately I'm T-Bone bestowed upon me once again by S. Not sure when he started using it, or why. My friends also came up with it as we have a few silly nicknames between us. I kiboshed the "Tartar" as in tartar sauce (seriously!) and deemed T-bone acceptable (besides I was already used to it).
4. What do you think is the single best decision you've made in your life so far?
I realized within 2 years of graduating college that I wasn't cut out to be a true geologist so I made a left turn into geot.echnical engineering without knowing what it was or what I could do with it. After all, geology was hardly surprising when I chose it as a major, both of my parents have degrees in geology. I think it was a turning point and the first time I jumped feet first into something that new. I'm still cautious by nature but I push myself more now.
Here's who I'm tagging:
A Woman My Age
Can I Get Some Sugar With These Lemons?
Our Very Own Star Stuff
The New Life of Nancy
...and your questions:
1. Do you still live where you were born/grew up? Why?
2. What's your favorite holiday and what makes it so special?
3. Do people IRL know about/read your blog or do you keep it relatively private?
4. What's your favorite color?
5. We're all pretty open here in the interwebs but how open are your IRL about fertility struggles? What influences your openness or lack thereof?