1. Anyone remember hearing about the Haym.an Fire? Our wedding reception was pretty close to it. Good thing the wind wasn't blowing toward us that day.
2. While I was properly impressed by the camera trickery used in Bla.ck Swa.n, I side with the dancer who has recently spoken out. We did not see Nat.alie Por.tman actually dance in that movie. Some upper body shots, sure, possibly the barre work at the beginning, but definitely not the full body shots. Hey, I've been there, and I don't care who you are, you can't transform yourself into a full-fledged professional ballerina in one year or 6 weeks or however long Ms. Por.tman trained.
3. We never had pets while growing up. But S and I do now!
4. Spending 3 months doing an internship in Hou.ston drove me away from geology, oil and gas, and any other career that would land me in that state again. Good thing I had an engineering degree making the switch to my current career much easier.
5. I never use enough commas in my writing. It's like I think too fast to remember to put them in.
6. I'm not really sure what's worse, spiders or snakes. I have an irrational fear of anything that can bite me.
7. Related to number 6 - Every time I snorkel I feel like shark bait. People tell me I should try diving because it's better that floating on top of the water like some floundering fish. Diving sounds like a lot of work and claustrophobic. I think I'll stick to my measly 15 minute snorkeling excursions, during which my blood pressure is through the roof.
....and in no particular order, I bestow upon 10 more lucky bloggers the Stylish Blogger Award: (I think I'm supposed to do 15 but my mousing hand is now ice cold signaling that it's time to stop using the computer!)
Storm in My Teacup
Our Very Own Star Stuff
Parenthood for Me
The Fisch Tank
Can I Get Some Sugar with These Lemons
Rage Against the Minivan
From IF to When
I Should Really Be Working 2.0
The Birds and the Bees