Hi, I’m Tara.

What started out as a private blog to document our adoption journey has evolved into my journey through therapy, spiritual awakening and whatever I feel like writing. Without our struggles to build a family, I’m not sure I’d be waking up, and for that I’m grateful.

A lost ICLW, Thanksgiving and shopping!

I suck.
These past ICLWs have been total failures on my part.  I hardly post more than once a week anymore, and I can't find time to comment.  It's difficult to do all that from my little phone as the IT guys around here have gotten especially tight with "security".  We aren't even supposed to check personal email from our work computers anymore.  Blech.  I'm asking for a kin.dle for xmas and am now starting to reconsider whether to get the fire.  I like the e-ink, but it might be nice to use something larger than a phone to compose posts.  Of course, I get post ideas when I'm at work and my brain is engaged.  The words flow from my fingertips so easily compared to after dinner when I'm tired and want to shut my brain off, or on the weekends when I'm running around.
Last week I took off Wed and Fri since it was a holiday week and today is the first day of daycare.  It turned out to be the best idea ever.  Wed was lots of running errands, and making a detour to buy a carrier from Crai.gslist.  Love that thing!
With both sets of parents in town (but 40 miles apart) we switch off where we spend Thank.sgiving and Chris.tmas.  This year, being the first one with baby, I thought we should try to see both sets.  So, my parents came over for breakfast and we went to S's parents for dinner.  It worked out ok, since we're used to being busy.  Every year before this,  we've gone skiing in the morning.  We just replaced exercise with cinnamon bread and sausage and eggs.  Yum.
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing until Sat afternoon when S and I came down with, what else? Food poisoning from leftover turkey.  First I got acutely sick in the middle of decorating the tree, and spent the rest of the night making mad dashes to the bathroom and shaking from a fever.  S wasn't feeling great, but able to take care of Baby X until Sunday late morning when it hit him full force.  I was quasi-functional by then.  If you call the ability to keep down saltines and gingerale "functional", so I took over baby duties, and tried to get the house in some kind of order.  It was marginally successful.  I managed to get Baby X to daycare with all his stuff this morning.  Really, a resounding success if you ignore the lights and ornaments strewn across the living room, the laundry that isn't done and dirty dishes in the sink.
In the midst of the madness I still managed to snag some kick butt online deals including extra car seat bases (for the grandparents), cloth diapers, and gifts for our niece and nephew.  We still have to buy gifts for S's parents, but since my parents expressly forbid us to get them gifts this year (too bad, I'm wrapping the car seat base anyway), and we don't exchange gifts with our siblings, we're almost done with shopping.  I refuse to join the mayhem at the stores, so we'll have a steady stream of packages over the next week and a scary credit card bill to boot.  Yay consumerism!

Car Seat Saga *Clarification*

The Snowball Effect