Sorry for the long delay in posts. It's been absolutely crazy lately, last week we were in Oregon for my brother's wedding, and this week I had to go to Arizona for a meeting/site visit and next week I'm in CA for a site visit. To make it even more stressful, we have Baby X's birthday party this weekend (he turned 1 on May 28! more on that later) and one of our cars is deciding it doesn't feel like starting approximately 50% of the time. S had to deal with that yesterday when I was gone.
Get a load of this scenario:
1. S thinks he figured out what was wrong, bought the parts and replaced them at work at lunch time yesterday.
2. Car starts after work and he drives to day care. Parks and shuts it off.
3. Car doesn't start after loading up Baby X.
4. Calls a friend of ours who works close to day care and gets him to come over to jump start the car.
5. Jump starting doesn't work.
6. Leaves car at day care, gives our friend a beer for his efforts, and calls his parents.
7. Parents have to bring his grandparents home after dinner (some geography: Parents live about 30 miles from us. Grandparents live about 15-20 miles from parents). But then, they'll come bring S a car and try to jump our car again.
8. Big Massive Humongous SCARY thunderstorm/hailstorm decides to park itself in the vicinity of S's parents as they are trying to get to our house.
9. They don't make it due to said storm, S crosses his fingers that the car isn't towed overnight.
10. Parents bring extra car first thing in the morning, S loads up Baby X and brings him to day care.
11. At day care, car isn't towed thank goodness, S tries to start it. Fucking thing starts.
12. S drives car back home. Rides bike back to day care and picks up parent's car (good thing it's close)
13. S goes to work.
14. S leaves work early to bring Baby X to pediatrician. Yeah...not so much work was done...
15. At least the car is parked in our garage and we can use S's parents car for an indefinite amount of time.
16. I come be-bopping back from my trip to find a stressed out husband. I'm also stressed out. We need one more day in this week!
Stupid fucking car. This is a Toy.ota for crying out loud. I loved this car when we bought it (used), and then the stupid thing blew the engine at 70,000 miles which required a complete engine rebuild. It also goes through water pumps every 40,000 miles or so. It's fucking Toy.ota's lemon I tell ya. Now that it has 170,000 miles on it, it apparently is going to die quickly.
Funny thing about that. I bought a Pr.ius. S is looking at the new 4-Run.ner. I guess we're just not that easily dissuaded...it helps that S's Tac.oma went about 170,000 miles with no major work. And then we sold it! I guess we sold the wrong car...