Hi, I’m Tara.

What started out as a private blog to document our adoption journey has evolved into my journey through therapy, spiritual awakening and whatever I feel like writing. Without our struggles to build a family, I’m not sure I’d be waking up, and for that I’m grateful.


Our website is up even though it's not quite finished yet.  Today I spent a fair amount of time cutting our video in half and feel so cool that I did it all by myself.  I've had limited contact with our friend who put it all together, so I just randomly decided to see if he had anything up yet.  It was weird to type in the url and see it come up with our larger than life faces!

Advice for anyone looking to set up a website - if you don't use one of those services (that charges way too much) I suggest looking for a template to buy.  Our guy suggested we buy a template by pr.o partially because it was used on a website that we really liked and because it's easy to edit.  It wasn't particularly cheap, but it looks awesome, and we'll be able make changes to it ourselves once he gets the initial set-up done.

We are re-submitting the amendment to our 2010 taxes for the credit, along with a letter that may or may not be read before being tossed into the circular file.  After re-reading the rules, there's no doubt in our minds that we qualify and we did right the first time.

The joys of parenting hit hard this week.  S and I had planned to go skiing on Friday until Baby X hardly ate all day Thursday, was lethargic, and developed a fever Thursday night.  Fan-tas-tic.  S stayed home with him on Friday and took him to the pediatrician.  Double ear-infection.  I knew it!  He didn't have super obvious symptoms other than being congested with a cough and runny nose for more than 2 weeks.  He also started waking up in the middle of the night which is unusual for him.  Anyway, some antibiotics and he's much better.  Next time I'll follow my instincts.  I almost took him in on Thursday but thought I was being paranoid (we didn't know about him acting funny at day care until S picked him up as he didn't develop a fever when he was there).  That little stumble cost me a ski day!

Murphy's Law also hit in a big way.  Since Friday was kaput, we decided to go for Sunday.  Thing is, I had to be back in town by 3:30pm and Sundays can be dicey on the drive home.  But, we figured we'd get up there early, leave really early and have plenty of time.  Got my parents lined up to watch Baby X and we were all set.  Until we woke up this morning to a huge snowstorm.  So, after some hemming and hawing I decided not to go because I didn't want to risk getting stuck up there.  Wouldn't ya' know, my afternoon activity got cancelled because of the snow.  Eh, at least there were tasks around the house to get done.  Turns out Baby X likes to sweep...yeeeaaahh.

Secondary Infertility? Really?

Open Adoption Roundtable #43 - Talking with Family Members about Open Adoption