A colleague is moving to New Zealand for work. I immediately thought that this was a great opportunity for S and I to seize in the near future. Go visit and have the inside advantage of hooking up with someone who lives there! But when? Well, she and her husband will be there at least 2 years, so the obvious answer is sometime in the next 2 years. Except that, there is a baby on the way (we think, at some point, maybe) and for 6 months after the baby's arrival, there is no leaving the country. Ok, so that gives us a ball park of when we could first think about going. And then, I start to think, well, I really can't see leaving such young children for 2 weeks or more so that S and I can gallivant around another country, so that means, family vacation! I'm guessing that we'll want to wrangle one mobile kid, and one-still-happy-with-slings baby (assuming baby is happy with slings), instead of 2 mobile toddler-types. So, that means, aim for right after finalization…..and then my head starts to hurt. Because, when will it happen?
The vacation, that took us 2 months to decide? It's simply to visit my brother and his family in Oregon. At this point, I'm hoping that we can get through that vacation without a phone call from the adoption agency, but at the same time I can't get through the day without wondering if today will be the day that call comes.