I get back to find that I missed a phone call from the agency.
Pretty sure it only means one thing at this point given the conversation that occurred a couple weeks ago.
I call back with my stomach in my throat, hands shaking.
Caseworker is on the phone. (f*ck!) I leave a voicemail.
I check e-mail to see if there's a real-time e-mail coming from S telling me he's on the phone. Nope.
I start to send him a text....
My desk phone rings. It's him.
I answer, "Please tell me Caseworker called you! Give me good news!"
It's good and terrifying
- Baby boy due at the end of August (terrifying, long time)
- Mom really likes our open attitude (yay!)
- Mom wants to meet a couple times before birth
- Mom has been engaged in counseling for a while (good - better than last year when D was trying to pretend like it wasn't all happening)
- Dad on board with adoption plan.
- Dad not in state, but appears to want some kind of communication
More details will be given to us on Monday. For us, it's a formality, this "formal presentation". We have never said No after the formal presentation. We're matched again: it feels exciting, scary, terrifying, and I'm petrified. But I want to go shopping for baby crap that we don't need! That's positive, right?
I have a dam inspection at the end of August. Figures.