Why I decided to participate in ICLW this month is beyond me as my maternity leave ends tomorrow and I go back to work. Needless to say, I may not be the awesomest commenter this month. But, I thank all of you for stopping my tiny corner of the internet!
Since it's been a while, here's a quick rundown of me and my blog
- Cast of characters: S, my husband, X my oldest son, Baby Z my youngest son
- X and Z came to our family through private domestic adoption
- Both of our adoption waits were about 2 years long. During the wait for Baby Z, we had one failed placement and one failed match. Those shook us to our core.
- Our final adoption hearing for Baby Z's adoption is in early April. We are looking forward to being done with the process
- During the wait for Baby Z, I sought therapy which has resulted in some unwanted truths about my family, but has also gone a long way to healing me. Now, I'm wading through the process of holding to my boundaries and protecting myself from my narcissistic mother.
- Over the weekend, things blew up with S's family, and it was a huge trigger for me. Hence, the previous post (which I have taken down). I admit that I didn't realize how I should have brought up the subject of what grandparents should and shouldn't give to my kid. Turns out, I was way the hell out of line, and that has blown up into a major issue involving not only grandparents but my sister in law. Good times.