|Pikes Peak. Look at all that snow! This is the part of the ride when I was feeling good and pumped up|
|Top of the last uphill. 2.5 miles up, not too steep, but a grind in granny gear after riding 50 hilly miles. About 10 miles left in the ride and I had to convince myself to turn my pedals. My knees hurt so bad. So, so, so bad...|
|Post-ride snack waiting for S to finish his 100-mile ride. Not exactly what I should've fueled with, but I had it from one of my aid station stops. Grabbed it for emergency food if I ran out.|
Stats from Map My Ride:
- Average speed - 12.6 miles/hr (I paused recording during stops at aid stations)
- Fastest speed - 38.6 mile/hr (I'm not sure I believe this, cause I'm a speed weenie and usually slow down at 25). But, there was one freshly paved, wide open, straight downhill that I had a ton of fun on. Perhaps I did go that fast.
- Calories burned - about 3,000. Map My Ride calc'd 2451, my heart rate monitor was higher, but I forgot to turn off my HR monitor for an hour after and it recorded calories while I was standing around. So, my guess is 3,000.
- Elevation gain 3642 feet. Lots of rolling hills. A few steeps that sucked. Good times.
- Time 5 hours, 3 minutes. 63.71 miles.
My stats today:
- Exhausted. More coffee please
- Knees hurt. Iced last night and it didn't do much.
- Butt is sore. Go figure.
- Lower back is sore.
- Upper back is tight.
- The thought of getting on my bike again makes me want to vomit.
- I'll be on it tomorrow to start working on hills. I need so much help on hills.
- I registered for a century ride in August. What was I thinking?
|Don't know what #MicroblogMondays are? Click here and check it out!|