Hi, I’m Tara.

What started out as a private blog to document our adoption journey has evolved into my journey through therapy, spiritual awakening and whatever I feel like writing. Without our struggles to build a family, I’m not sure I’d be waking up, and for that I’m grateful.


My new job is kicking my ass, as I stated in my last Microblog Monday post. Overnight I went from sitting in my cube and deciding when to talk to people to inundated with information and questions.

It's not bad, it's just rough right now. My brain is overloaded with information, and because I know the processes from being on the other side as a design engineer, I feel pressure to come up to speed like yesterday. I find it difficult to cut myself slack, because I'm learning a new job. The problem with me being in transition is that it affects so many aspects of my life. I can't focus on other things, like teaching my Jaz.zercise classes because my brain is flooded with stress. There have been more than one class that I've totally screwed up because I'm so distracted. While I'm not sure that the students pick up on how much I've screwed up on a handful of routines out of 15 or so that I teach in an hour long class, I certainly freak out when I'm on stage struggling to remember what comes next. Sometimes I can move through one screwed up routine and everything is fine, and others it's a house of cards, and it's one screw up after another.

On top of all this sort of typical transition because I have a new job kind of thing, Baby Z is sick again. Where X hardly ever got sick, Baby Z has had numerous trips to the doctor's office. Our latest foray is a strep an ear infection (even with tubes in his ears) that resisted the first round of antibiotics. This kid has had so many rounds of antibiotics over the past 8 months or so that it's ridiculous. At least compared to our previous experiences that is. So, imagine getting the phone call from daycare on a day that you're just settling in to finally read documents you've been meaning to read for two weeks. Yup, there went Friday.

I can't find time to work on weekends anymore, so I guess said documents will have wait until Monday when another flurry of e-mail, phone calls and meetings commence. Maybe I'll find time this weekend. I can only hope.

Rant on a phone

About This Boy Thing (all about kids)