And no motivation to write them? I feel like I need to at least give bulleted updates on what's up around these parts.
- I've made an appointment with my gyn for my annual check-up and to discuss the possibility that I'm getting hit with the ol' peri. I talked to my therapist about it and she questioned me quite a bit on whether it's really peri or if I'm getting triggered. That bugs me because I described to her exactly what was happening and she still thought it might not be wacked out hormones. Oh, and she said I'm pretty young for it. Yeah, well, I have a perfectly functioning reproductive system that never wanted to get pregnant...stranger things have happened!
- I quit teaching Jazz.ercise. Did I tell you that? I'm fronting like I'm on a break, but as I see sub requests come through my inbox, I'm not feeling the motivation to get a set together to teach. I'll give it a few more months before I completely pull the plug. (gotta' stock up on my New Bal.ance and Athle.ta gear at 30% off before I jump ship! priorities, you know?)
- I joined a Cross-Fit'ish gym. The owners would probably give me a dirty look if they knew that's how I describe their program to other people, but I don't know any other way. It's based on functional movements (box jumps, tire flips, sledgehammer swings, sled drives, burpees, jump rope, obstacle courses), and they use kettlebell, TRX and battle ropes. It's insane. 30-45 minute circuit-style workouts that totally kick my butt up and down the street. I love it. My muscles are growing and I'm seeing definition in my shoulders and legs, just need to get rid of that damn belly.
- I get up at about 4:45am to go to said new gym. So far I can eke out 4 days a week if I don't get too sore, and definitely 3 days a week. Someday I may be able to do 4 days in a row, but this early morning stuff takes some getting used to.
- The biggest change has been to our drop-off and pick-up schedule. One of the issues we were having was that we were getting home at 6pm every day with the kids and it was brutal trying to get dinner on the table. I convinced S to do all the drop-offs and I'll do all the pick-ups. My work day now starts at 7am right after I go to the gym, and I'm able to get the kids home around 5. So far it's sooo much better. I get to let S deal with the morning chaos and I'm much calmer and more centered in the morning. In the afternoon, I'm better equipped to deal and things have been running pretty smoothly if I do say so myself.
- S and I are both working really hard on parenting based on feedback we're getting from professionals. X is also working on controlling his emotions and is figuring out what's appropriate. I've seen him walk right up to the line of tantrum then back off when I stay calm and tell him how I'm feeling. It's a ton of work, but I think we're seeing a turnaround.
- Baby Z is a handful. Full on 2-years old, wants to do everything himself but can't and gets mad if we try to help him. Ugh.
- Chris.tmas is upon us and we have to delay our annual Xmas Eve fondue dinner because of scheduling with family. I'm not too happy about that, but that's what happens when they are all in town. Hoping to do it next Friday before the New Year.