Many times over the past few weeks I’ve thought of posts to blog and then did nothing about it. In catching up on Jos's blog, I realized that maybe I just need a push to write. So, half a NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month)? Are the interwebs police gonna come get me for not starting on day one?
A quick catch up before I get into the meat of it tomorrow:
1. We’re currently shopping for furniture and decorating ideas for our new house. The idea has been to wait for We.st El.m’s Bla.ck Fr.iday sale to order everything. That’s next week and we maybe have a sofa picked out. Sheesh.
2. I’ve finally taken the steps to break up with my therapist. It’s still a little open-ended as she’d like for me to have a closeout session with her at some point.
3. I’m not the only one in therapy. It’s not something I can really talk about here because I want to protect privacy of a minor. What I feel I can say is I’m glad we’ve started early, and at the same time sad when I see shame spirals and anxiety in someone I love. We’ve finally gotten to the point of using EMDR and I’ve received a crash course in implicit memories. Being a parent is hard.
4. I love my gym and I don’t miss Jazz.ercise at all. BUT, I can’t lose the 10lbs I’ve put on over the past several years. I’m so f-cking annoyed by that as I’ve done a lot of what I needed to do over the summer training for a century ride and working out 5 days a week with weightlifting and cardio combinations on top of cycling. My calorie burn was sky high. My calorie intake was deficit. I lost 3 lbs then it all came back after stopping cycling training. Trying to change my mindset to concentrate on muscle development over the winter and hit the weights hard. More on that later.
5. I haven't called my Uncle B or his brother since the long conversation I had with B back in May. I don't really know what to do with that situation.