Hi, I’m Tara.

What started out as a private blog to document our adoption journey has evolved into my journey through therapy, spiritual awakening and whatever I feel like writing. Without our struggles to build a family, I’m not sure I’d be waking up, and for that I’m grateful.

0.5 #NaBloPoMo Day 9 - Not Exactly a Day Off

I took today off, originally because X doesn't have school, but then I found a camp at the zoo he could attend. Yay! That was a great find because this is how my day ended up going:

At 6:30am I woke up and started trying to get Z up and at 'em. He had fallen asleep really late and was not excited about waking up.

At 7:13 am, Z and I left the house so that I could get my body composition measured at the gym. I got there 5 min late for my appointment, and the coaches were gone taking the 6am class turkeys over to the rescue mission for donation. (explanation for that in a minute). I sighed heavily, decided to send an apology e-mail for being late and then packed Z back up to go to daycare.

At 7:50 am, I dropped Z off at daycare. The kid was NOT having it. Now, these days, S normally does drop offs but because X's camp didn't start until 9am and I signed him up too late for before care, we split up. Anytime that I drop Z off, he loses it, and today was no different. In fact, today was ramped up a bit because he sensed something was really different.

At 8:15 am, I hit Starb.ucks for coffee and breakfast.

At 8:25 am, I get to my eye doctor's for an eye checkup that is about.....5 years overdue. 

At 9:30 am, I leave the eye doctor's with blurry vision and a headache (thanks pupil dilation!) and a clean bill of eye-health.

From 9:30 am - 11:15 am, I put gas in my car, decide to run it thru the car wash and then subsequently feed the gas station vacuum approximately $2.50 in loose change. The vacuum doesn't start, I don't feel like dealing with the attendant and I drive home to use my own damn vacuum to clean out my car. Satisfying though, to do all the upholstery spot cleaning, window and vinyl cleaning myself. (normally, I go to the full-service car washes). I also organize our secretary desk aka, the drop zone. 

11:15 am - back in the car and head to the gym with 2 frozen turkeys. My gym does a special class the day before Thanksgiving where all they ask for is donation of turkeys to work out and then they take them to the rescue mission. Their goal is always a lofty 300, but they get less. Whatever, it's still a ton of turkeys. Literally. S meets me at the gym nervous about what I've gotten him into.

11:45 am-1:00 pm - warm up with frozen turkeys (not kidding, it was hilarious trying to do pushups on a turkey and then pass them around in a circle while lunging or doing Russian twists).  Then, we proceed to get our asses handed to us in two rounds of intervals. S does really well for his first time in this format, and I feel like a badass 'cause I can clean and throw a 35-lb bag over my head. I meet my MEPS goal for the challenge!  

1:00 pm - 1:45 pm - run home for a shower, grab a sandwich and get back into the car.

2:00pm - 3:15pm - finally get to slow down a bit. Have a facial/chemical peel combo (love my esthetician, she's really keeping my skin looking great). Fall asleep on the table a couple times...yeah.

3:15pm - 4:00pm - back in the car, drive to Z's daycare, stopping for coffee on the way. Pick up a slightly cranky Z (he just woke up from nap), load him up and rush over to the zoo to pick up X. Promise Z we'll hang out at the zoo.

4:00pm - 5:15pm - Well, crap, zoo closes early during zoo lights. Pick up X from camp, decide we at least have a few minutes to walk by the animals that are close to the entrance. Pack up the kids, drive to the library promising we'll check out movies, find out the library is closed then drive home. ugh.

5:15 - 6:00 pm - Get home, start one of our movies for the kids, put things away, start organizing the Christmas gift pile and start making dinner. S gets home.

6:30 - 8:00pm - Sit down to dinner. Finally. It's a homemade pizza. X declares it gross because of the sauce and then has a minor meltdown. Manages to pull it together and starts looking through our photo albums. S puts the kids to bed.

8:30pm - S and I sit down, pop a bottle of champagne and play Scrabble.  :D





p.s. I meant to take pictures at the gym, but I totally forgot to get my phone out. Oh well...




0.5 #NaBloPoMo Day 11 - Spend Spend Spend

0.5 #NaBloPoMo Day 8 - Working in a Man’s Industry